Her one of kind and limited edition jewelry is worn by sophisticated women throughout the world. Christine travels to Europe looking for special decorative components that add uniqueness to her designs. Her love of Mother Nature’s shell and pearl is very profound in her jewelry.
- Christine Smith was a featured artist in the May edition of BeadStyle Magazine,with a cover story on creating jewelry inspired by a famous painting, as well as a three page spread dedicated to her process of hand knotting necklaces! Christine was also recently given the honor of being selected for a coveted spot on the ArtiGras 2015 Emerging Artist Program, a prestigious art show held in Jupiter, FL. Other accomplishments include a feature in The Palm Beach Post (newspaper), in David Patrick Columbia New York Social Diary, and her jewelry has been worn by guests on CNN’s HLN. NY stylists have also selected her jewelry for photo shoots.
Christine Smith has studied metalsmithing and design under nationally known jewelry educators. Here are some of locations where her jewelry has been delighting discriminating clients for ten years:- Aagean Treasure, Naples, Florida and Essex, CT
– Clad In, Mystic, CT
– Honore Gallery, West Hartford, CT
– Stonewear, Essex, CT
– The Farmington, Valley Art Center Avon, CT
– The Wadsworth Museum, Hartford CT
– Bonnie Roseman BL T, Palm Beach, Florida
– Fish Gallery, Stuart , Florida
– Kourtney Pulitzer Boutique, West Palm Beach, Florida
– SusaneR Lifestyle Boutique, Miami Design District, Miami, Florida
– Tanglewool, Lenox, MA
– DesignerKorner, New York City
– Gallery Vercon, New York City
– Jimmy Gamba, New York City
– NY Artificial, New York City,
– Lee Anderson Couture, New York City
– T’frisson, New York City
– Spruce, West Hartford Center, Ct.
– Head and Toe Spa, Tequesta, Florida
– John de Medeiros, International Boutique, Palm Beach.
– Carrie Me Couture, Worth Ave, Palm Beach
– Art-Tee-Da, Stuart, Florida
– Raymonde, Palm Beach, Florida
- Inspired by her a talented mother and aunt who specialized in Couture that ranged from chic evening wear to elegant wedding-attire in a high-end Longmeadow, MA boutique, Christine has been designing wearable art since she was a young child. Her career started at the Farmington Valley Art Center in Avon, CT.
Christine expresses her work with rare semi-precious stones, shells, pearls, and fabrics. Her unique collections of baubles from around the world have been hand selected by Christine. Her jewelry is made in her studio in North Palm Beach, FL.
She travels to jewelry and design shows in the US and Europe looking for inspiration and unique components for her hand-knotted one- of-a-kind and limited-edition jewelry.
She merges her design skill with her Bohemian Heritage that results in an array of baroque treasures and has her customers desiring several of her sumptuous designs.
Her wide background has given her superior knowledge and quality, to influence and apply to her unique creations. Her technique is to express her work as an artist; and thus, creating each piece of work as a piece of art. Her designs are a joy to wear; and yet, would not be out of place in a museum.
Her beautiful designs are set in Sterling Silver and 14 carat gold filled. Some pieces are leafed in gold and silver which achieves a distressed metallic finish, creating her unique work.Cover story and 3 page spread in Beadstyle magazine